Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sushi Specials: Sakana


Looping by Whyte Ave area around lunch and craving sushi? That actually happens to me quite alot. I have often visited Sakana at lunch time to take advantage of their lunch specials. (YES I AM ASIAN and a struggling student) 

This is the posted menu they have as you walk in telling you about their specials. I don't see why people don't take advantage of it more. 



Yes I am GLUTTONOUS so I usually order ALL OF THE SPECIALS.

This is the dragon eye maki. It is not the same as the one from Nomniya at all. IT is more deep fried and has a crunch taste. I do like the sauce they drizzle all over these rolls. I usually get a stomach ache after this but it is worth it.


This is there sushi combo I believe. NOthing to crazy here. 

 And this is the Sakana Noodle. The broth is ok, a bit too salty for my taste and the noodles don't seem to be freshly made. Overall it still taste ok ( a bit too peppery) . I mean hey its only $6.50 on lunch special. There is not much seafood in it at all.
On a non-lunch special note I have also had the Love Maki which has raw salmon in it. Once again the sauce drizzled on it it delicious.

Overall, Sakana is a good place for a quick ish lunch when you are wanting some sushi. When you go for the lunch special you are getting the BEST RATIO of price to quantity/quality. So thats usually when I would advise to go. If you want better or more options go to other Whyte ave ish / university area sushi places.... THERE ARE PLENTY.


Sakana on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment