Monday, March 11, 2013

Authentic Sushi? : Wasabi

Wasabi is located right in the same complex as Sunterra and right by Southgate is a little Sushi place that is suppose to be similar to the sushi quality of Vancouver.

LOCATION : 5714 111 St NW  EdmontonAB

After hearing about how good the place is and how you need reservations or wait for a long time, my love of sushi drove me to visit Sushi Wasabi.The decor was nothing special if not looking a bit run down. The cutlery and plates used were clean and chip free which is great (some asian restaurants have so many chips and scraps and marks it really puts you off your meal) Unfortunately, the sushi here is not cheap at all. After looking at the menu I gulped ( I had hope the price would be at least comparable to Kyoto... it is a bit more expensive in my opinion for the amount of food you get) 

Due to not reserving and a long line we finally got to sit down at the sushi bar. Perhaps their food has been hailed as "DELICIOUS" " THE BEST SUSHI" so their service sucks. They speak in Japanese to each other ( I think they are all Japanese and many people have said this establishment is indeed the only place run fully by Japanese people hence their authenticity) 

I got the Chirashi Don,  Spicy Octopus and Mexican Roll. At this point I think our bill was already close to 40 dollars. YIKES 



Their presentation of their chirasi don was great though. And I must say their rice in their sushi is the best I have tasted in Edmonton. The sashimi was fresh but not as thickly cut as Nominya. We hurriedly finished our meal and left, it was getting really crowded and even though we were at the sushi bar I was filling cramped.

We paid our bill got two of those hard candies and left. The candies tastes better than the nasty mints most people gave out.


All in all, expensive, perhaps when I am no longer a struggling student I will go back and order MORE. or I can just wait for my Japan trip in T- 55 days.


Sushi Wasabi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment